Old 01-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Sam

Default squirrels and peaches

I also trap and relocate them, this past year I relocated 22 squirrels, 21
possums and 19 coons. It is the first year I have gotten more than a handful
of pecans off my two trees. I still have plenty of coons and possums but
have not seen a squirrel in a couple months.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach,SC
"Sherwin Dubren" wrote in message
Another alternative to the plastic bottles is an inverted cone of sheet
metal (tin or aluminum) installed as high up the trunk as possible. If
the diameter is big enough, the squirrels would have dificulties scaling
over it, and them they would probably slide down it's steep sides. Cut
out
a circular piece of metal, flare an inner circle the diameter of the
tree,
bend the inner flaps up, and hold in place with a large hose clamp. Of
course, the surest way to solve the squirrel problem is to trap them. I
usually remove 20-30 a year, and near the end of the trapping, the
frequency of seeing new squirrels goes down to almost nothing. Of
course,
new squirrels will move in the following season, but I find that the
total
number seems to be going down every year.

Sherwin Dubren