Old 01-01-2004, 10:42 AM
cags

Default Getting rid of bamboo?

The only way is to dig it out. But to stop the neighbores from creeping in,
I use a mix of Blackberry killer and kero, it seems to be working so far. I
paint as much of the plant as possible with the stuff, I dont cut it back,
as I think it likes working on the living growing plant.

Cags

"wattlgirl" wrote in message
om...
We have some bamboo creeping accross from our backyard neighbours.
I know it can be hard to get rid of, so I want to get started ASAP.
My Dad favours cutting the plants down to ground level, and injecting
them with Zero.
My obyfriend says Zero only works on plants with green leaves to
process the poison.
Does anyone have a failsafe way to kill bamboo?