Old 01-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Emotions and Gardens.

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

It has been shown that a lot of spooky places are 'haunted' by
infrasound - that is, low notes on or just below the audible range.

Something churches know; which is why those massive pedal-note pipe
organs...

Interestingly enough, that is NOT true for all people. When I was
at school, I found that there was no gap between the sounds that I
could feel and those that I could hear. But I did cut off at 12,000
cycles. I now realise that part of that is because my hearing is NOT
more sensitive than my touch, which it is for most people.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.