Old 28-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Al

Default Paph problems

"When in doubt: repot"

That should be somewhere on your list of rules.

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Jbkkhawk wrote:

Hello all, again. My Paphs--sukhakulii, gratrixianum, Magic Lantern, and

a few
others just don't seem to be doing well. The leaves, especially the

older
ones, are pale, yellowish and waxy, and they don't seem to be growing at

all.
My growing conditions: in my bedroom, days 65-70F, nights 52-55F, about

30-40%
relative humidity, some ambient light and about 12-15inches under 4ft.
flourescent lights. I try to keep them moist and feed with weak paph
fertilizer supplemented with calcium and magnesium. I use RO water the

rest of
the time. Is it just too cold for them or what? Too much light? I do

have a
mini phal that is in spike, but has sort of reddish tinge to the outer

edges of
the leaves and is not a strong looking plant...Thanks for any feedback.

Other
genera are doing okay. Cattleya skinneri is in full bloom!
Karl

Repot. Wait no longer. Sounds like the roots are less than optimally
healthy. Paphs respond very well to repotting.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit