Old 01-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Boundary crossing deterrents(was tree cat damage)

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:
In article ,
(Jaques d'Alltrades) wrote:

it is the duty of a citizen to try to apprehend someone in commission
of a serious crime *BY ANY MEANS AT HIS DISPOSAL*.

There is no such general legal duty. There very few situations where the
citizen is legally obliged to take an active part in crime fighting.
They are unlikely to occur in a garden.

Most of my books are still in store, but I can assure you that the
barrister who wrote the one I'm quoting from (albeit from memory) is not
one to make an unsubstantiated statement.

And the qualifying word is 'try' (though I think on reflection that the
word he used was 'attempt').

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/