Old 01-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Moontanman

Default Hobby Ethics

don't buy from fish farms, right?). Bottom line, I am responsible for MY
actions. YOU are responsible
for YOUR actions. Let's keep it like that okay? (or rather, get it back like
that).

Unfortunatly release of an exotic plant or animal has far reaching consequenses
beyond the individual. Punishing someone for releasing, say, snakeheads into
the environment will not remove them once established. I am willing to take
resposibility for my actions but why should I and the environment suffer
because someone else didn't? BTW most of the fish farm releases are still quite
localized even to this day but they do raise havoc in the areas where they are
established. One of the few exotic releases I find difficult to see how they
could hurt is a lake in florida that contain a population of neon tetras. teh
small lake is not part of the general water system since it has no inlets or
outlets but it is an odd example. And no i don't know the location or name of
the lake.
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me