Old 01-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Gary Woods

Default Rosemary cuttings

"JennyC" wrote:

it's probably the wrong time of year and also the wrong method

I've often gotten rosemary cuttings to strike just by sticking them in damp
sterile potting mix* and watering from the bottom, even at the "wrong"
times. I've got one going right now in a pot, hopefully to become a
topiary.... too soon to see any new growth signaling success, but it hasn't
turned black and fallen over, which is usually a bad thing {:-).

*Don't know the John Innes equivalent, but here in the American colonies, I
start most everything in "Pro-Mix," which is a sterile mix of perlite, peat
moss, and magik incantations. Available cheaply enough compressed in a bit
plastic bag.... one lasts me a couple of years.