Old 01-01-2004, 09:45 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Pomegranate air layer

I haven't layered a P. granatum nana but the full sized P.granatum has
sprouted like crazy every time I layer it. I doubt that the smaller
variety would respond any different.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

I have a tall, gawky, scarred Pomegranate (supposedly a nana from
a workshop, but I have my doubts). I'd like to air layer, as the
top 8-inches of the trunk and the top are much more attractive.

My question: If I do air layer this spring, can I expect
sprouting from the bare trunk that's left over? It is a
three-trunk tree, with the tall one being very dominant.

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++