Old 02-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Jim Elbrecht

Default squirrels and peaches

Richard Goldstein wrote:

I also live in upstate New York, Albany to be precise. I bait my
havaheart traps with peanut butter on crackers. It is irresistable for
both squirrels and possums.

Just as information- there is a season for both opossum and squirrels
[grays anyway] in NY. You also need a license to trap furbearers
[opossum] even on your own property. [if your primary occupation is
farming you and your immediate family can trap some furbearers on your
property]

Aware of the idiotic relocation rule,

-snip-

It is hardly idiotic. Why should someone else 'benefit' from your
nuisance animals? If they are harming your property or endangering
your family then encon will dispose of them.

Jim