Old 02-01-2004, 01:23 AM
animaux

Default Mailing plants and seeds to people

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:30:38 -0600, Katra opined:

Victoria,

Is there a secret to getting difficult seeds to germinate faster?
I have some Wisteria beans.

2 years ago, I planted 6 of them in a 6-pack pot and put them in a pan
out back in the sun where they would get watered frequently.

And waited

and waited...

About 6 months later, 2 of the 6 sprouted! Yay!

They lived all last year, but one of them died this summer, or at least
it looks dead. It lost it's leaves earlier than the other one did, but
the stem is still supple after several weeks so I'm hoping it's still
alive. I need to repot them into some more nutritious soil I think.
Right now, the other is dormant as well.

Both sprouts are about 10 inches tall at the moment.

I still have some more Wisteria seeds left in the bag that was sent to
me.

K.

I have never grown wisteria from seed, only by cuttings. I don't know much
about it. You should be able to tell is the plant is alive by making a very
small scratch in the bark. If it's green inside, it's alive.

I checked my apple tree sapling in the front today and it's dead. Drat.

Victoria