Old 02-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Shiva

Default cut roses

wrote:

not knowning hardly anything about roses except they are beautiful= I
bought some light peach/pink cut roses-they are now sprouting new leaves
off of the stems where original leaves are. I have not seen this
before. What is happening? Can I do anything with these? Thank you

I think this is just a chemical reaction taking place in the soon-to-be
-dead cut blooms. It is common enough that we get several posts on this
topic each year. I suppose you could try getting some rooting hormone at
Lowe's or a garden center and dipping the end in it, then putting it in a
moist baggy to see if any roots form. Generally, though, I think it is
a better idea for you to look at some rose photos at rose sites and find one that
you like and just buy a plant in the spring.