Old 02-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Mike Lyle

Default Boundary crossing deterrents(was tree cat damage)

FF wrote in message . ..
On 1 Jan 2004 04:13:06 -0800, (Mike Lyle) wrote:

[...]
Etc, pretty well ad infinitum: these things do happen.

Yes they do, but what do we lose if we sue every time?

Have it your own way: but don't blame me if you *do* get sued. Of
course, as you know perfectly well, there's a lot to lose if you sue
without a reasonable case, and sometimes even if you *have* a
reasonable case: we shouldn't be misled by the occasional absurd one
which gets to the newspapers.

My point is that it's rash to assume that setting traps will catch
only the nasty. Which is why it's against the law.

Mike.