Old 02-01-2004, 04:02 PM
J Fortuna

Default This poor phal...

P.S.: While I of course agree that "trimming the roots flush with the edges
of the pot" is a horrible thing to do, in my (albeit limited) experience
Phals are extremely forgiving of abuse (much more so than we people are). I
once had an accident in which the window blinds fell on top of my Phal,
decapitating the spike, seriously scarring the leaves, and breaking the pot.
I was devastated/horrified. The Phal however just grew additional new
leaves, and developped a spike the next season, and continued almost as if
it had not considered this a major calamity at all. As I said, excedingly
forgiving.