Old 02-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Lydia

Default will mosquito fish survive the winter?

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
You've got a point there! I was projecting my frustration with Mosquito
fish on the original poster. To the original poster I apologize. To BV,
please send me your mailing address so that I can ship a trillion Mosquito
fish to you for belated Xmas present :-) lol

I still can't imagine though that one will want mosquito fish for pond

pet!

Oh no apology needed. I didn't take anything personally - knew what you
meant. I got the little buggers because we have wetlands behind our
house which means a really big mosquito population so I knew there'd be food
for them. Doubt it will cut down on the mosquitos, though, as I'm sure
there are jillions of larvae layed in the swampy lake thing in the wetlands.
And because of the wetlands area and our proximity to ocean and river we
have lots of wildlife that I think would eat pet-type fish like koi.
Herons, eagles, hawks, racoons, weasels - neighbor cat if some of the native
wildlife doesn't eat him first like they did his housemate. So I thought
this would be a critter I could keep in there that would have a natural food
source and wouldn't get eaten by the local wildlife.

Lydia