Old 02-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Kerry

Default Cuttings in general

Now - do you have any African Violets in the house? If so, cut off a leaf
or three. Cover a glass of water with cling film and pierce a slit (or
three) in the film. Insert the leaf so that it's in the water, place glass
on a window sill. Wait. And wait. ;-) I've lost count of the times I've
done this and the times I've been convinced (all of them) that this wasn't
going to work THIS time.........

You can do that laying small pieces of leaf on damp potting compost, or
just burying a small part of the leaf section in damp compost.

On the subject of cuttings, is the above a good method for trying to get
polka dot plant cuttings to take root? I keep trying with houseplant
compost and dipping the stem in rooting powder but with no success.

Kerry