Old 02-01-2004, 06:03 PM
White Monkey

Default This poor phal...

"Ray" wrote in message
Excessive growth of foliage is often related to excessive application of
nitrogen. What fertilizer are you using on it, and what is it potted in?

Thanks! I haven't given it anything because I've read that fertilizers can
be damaging in cases of root damage. It's potted in a sort of peaty stuff
with large chunks of what looks like redwood bark. This is what is sold here
just labeled "orchid soil", and some of the other phals are thriving in it.
--Katrina

---