Old 02-01-2004, 06:03 PM
White Monkey

Default This poor phal...

You say that you posted about this Phal "a couple of months ago" and that
since then "nothing has changed". I would not necessarily expect a new

leaf
for example to develop in only a couple of months. How long have you had

it?

About 10 weeks.

How many leaves does this Phal have?

Four.

Also, when you say HUGE, how many
inches or centimeters is that? Some Phal species and their hybrids have
really huge leaves, and that's normal for them (extreme example: phal
giganthea).

These leaves are +/- 40 cm long and +/-10 cm. wide. They are much larger
than the leaves on another one here with similarly-sized flowers, if that's
worth anything. But the corwn they're growing from isn't any thicker than
those of the other phals I have.

Also some phals have longer periods of little new growth than
others. Do you happen to know the hybrid/species/perantage of this phal?

No, but a quick Google turns up that except for having red lips, it looked
(while flowering) vary much like the one labeled "classic white" on this
page: http://www.beautifulorchids.com/orchids/quick_buy5.html

I am questioning whether your phal is necessarily a poor unhappy thing --

it
does not necessarily have to be, I think.

This would make me happy. I'll keep thinking it's probably OK as long as it
doesn't start looking bad, I guess! Thank you!

--Katrina

---