Old 02-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Ray

Default This poor phal...

Lack of food could play a role, as well, but I doubt that 10 weeks is
sufficient time for the thing to get acclimated toy your conditions,
especially if they run on the cool side. Phals prefer to go no lower than
about 12° to 15°C at night, and grow really well at daytime temperatures
around 25° or so.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"White Monkey" wrote in message

"Ray" wrote in message
Excessive growth of foliage is often related to excessive application of
nitrogen. What fertilizer are you using on it, and what is it potted

in?

Thanks! I haven't given it anything because I've read that fertilizers can
be damaging in cases of root damage. It's potted in a sort of peaty stuff
with large chunks of what looks like redwood bark. This is what is sold

here
just labeled "orchid soil", and some of the other phals are thriving in

it.
--Katrina

---