Old 02-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Emotions and Gardens.

The message
from Rusty Hinge contains these words:

We both opened our bedroom doors at the same time and I switched on the
hall light.

There was nothing to be seen, but we both heard footsteps going down the
hall away from us.

Perhaps beings who have died leave an imprint on their old haunts,
like an echo of their existence. My grandmother was seen several times
by two of her daughters, in and around her home after her death. I've
only seen my dead dog, walking slowly along our drive in broad daylight.
As she reached her favourite sitting spot, she faded out of view.

At our last home, we once woke in darkness to find the police
searching our garden with lights, radios and dogs. A man's hanged body,
swinging from one of our trees on the road verge, had been reported
twice by unconnected motorists. The first witness was a lone male driver
and the second report came from four elderly ladies travelling together.
All five had passed it close-to, identified the same tree, described the
same clothes and had felt too frightened to stop.It was a very wet cold
night on a narrow road in the middle of a moor, miles from any village,
and the witnesses would have seen any parked vehicle within miles. No
trace or explanation was ever found.

Janet.