Old 03-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Izuan Wahab

Default Average cost of DIY Co2?

Sorry for not very clear on my question. What I meant to ask was how long
does a bottle of Flourish Excel last? And what is the recomand dosage of
using one for 55 G tank?..
I'm currently using the DIY and looking another cheap and easy way to add
CO2 to my tank. I saw an electric CO2 generator using carbon block the other
day and thinking of trying it. It wasn't that expensive either and the guy
said a block would last somewhere between 6 month to a year depending the
setting. It sure look easy and alot less work that my current DIY generator.

My appology again.

Johnny

"Rick" wrote in message

"Dinky" wrote in message
news

"Izuan Wahab" wrote in message
How long does a bottle last? What is the dosage recomanded for a 55G

tank?

A yeast bottle lasts a couple weeks. IME, a 55 gallon is too large to be
significantly affected by DIY CO2. All I was able to do was lower my PH
about .01, and no noticeable CO2 increase, according to Chuck's

calculator.

Yeah I'm not sure about a 55. I had two bottles hooked up to my 77g and it
did nothing so it's not on a pressure system. I run two bottles on my 33 g
heavily planted tank and it works well. I would try 2 bottles and see how
it
goes.

Rick