Old 03-01-2004, 10:03 AM
White Monkey

Default This poor phal...

wrote in message
Hi Katrina. I like the comment on the root stimulator - that might
help. I bought a seedling in May and it lost all it's roots and became
wrinkly. I cut off all the dead roots, put it in peat moss and kept the
moss damp and misted the leaves when I knew they'd dry (not at night)
and now I now have the startings of a new root. It takes along time but
as long as your plant seems alive I'd hang in there. I have mine near an
east window with blinds and under a plant light. Good luck

Thanks so much!

Plant light. That sounds like a good idea. This is Amsterdam; I wonder if
they even sell low-wattage here? I'll go out and check at the Big Garden
Place a little ways out of town, on Monday or so, if I can find out what
tram to take. I'll see if they have a rooting stimulator, too. Ummm... do
they come plant-species-specific? There's a very thriving culture here
related to growing a particular type of plant, and "rooting hormone" is
available all over the place for that species. (A sort of hemp, if you're
not catching on. This is *Amsterdam*...) Would this rooting stuff be
appropriate, or do I need one made for orchids?

Thanks,

Katrina

---