Old 03-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Kay Easton

Default And flowering in the Christmas Day garden........?

In article , Sacha
writes
Stephen Williams2/1/04 10:56
$6c5$

Snip

I'm wondering what *specific* problem the OP is finding with this

Clematis?
Is it that it just doesn't grow *at all*

Snip

Thats the problem - starts to grow and then by spring has turned up its
toes....

Without further info that *sounds* like Clematis wilt. I can only suggest
you don't try any more Clematis in that particular area.

Could also be snails felling the new shoots - they nibble about half way
through then everything above wilts. Or they just gobble the entire
shoot.

By the way I garden in Worcestershire where we do have some frosts, but I
currently have a Pelargonium in flower in the same border as I was trying to
grow the Clematis, so the frosts haven't been that bad yet.

SOME frosts! I was at school in W. Malvern in the winter of '63.......
;-)

And the frosts in W Malvern as as nothing compared with the ones in the
valley below!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: