Old 03-01-2004, 02:12 PM
wsallen

Default [IBC] Pomegranate air layer

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message ...
I have a tall, gawky, scarred Pomegranate (supposedly a nana from
a workshop, but I have my doubts). I'd like to air layer, as the
top 8-inches of the trunk and the top are much more attractive.

My question: If I do air layer this spring, can I expect
sprouting from the bare trunk that's left over? It is a
three-trunk tree, with the tall one being very dominant.

Yes it will sprout again, prolifically. Especially in your climate in
Florida (which I assume is warm and does not see snow or seriously cold
weather).

One of my cuttings missed its water 2 weeks ago. It was pretty thin (pencil
thick) and short, with all branches being really thin. All the leaves turned
brown and the branches all died. Now (2-2.5 weeks later) it has 10cm long
bright green shoots and looking lovely. Thank ghod! :+)

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie