Old 03-01-2004, 03:03 PM
White Monkey

Default This poor phal...

Thanks! I'll see if I can get that.

I had no idea white phal's tended to larger leaves than other-colored, very
similar phal's. Doesn't surprise me, though. I've already noticed a great
deal of variation among mine--one of the greeny ones, the more
creamy-colored one with the sillier pink spots, has long, narrow, pointed
leaves that stand stiffly out with a slight upward inclination, the one that
gets big purple flowers has similarly shaped leaves but they s-curve
gracefully, one of the smaller ones--the Pink Stripes, I think--is pretty
strongly recurved, and then there's this white guy with its huge lush leaves
draped all over the pot and table. I like it!

--Katrina

"dusty" wrote in message
s.com...

If you can find this Hormex vitamin and hormone concentrate
locally that's good. You can also get it at www.wormsway.com but it's a

bit
pricey there.
I'm always buying sick plants on the $1 shelf or dumpster diving behind

the
store. I've had luck using it mixed 2.5 ml to 1000 ml of water (depending
how sick and rootless the phal) and mist daily. Since yours has roots I'd
try 1 to 2 ml to 1000 ml. Also 40 cm isn't that long of a leaf as I've

seen
white phals in the stores here with leafs that size or longer.

---