Old 03-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Robin on picture rail - OT, but need help

The message
from Malcolm Ogilvie contains these words:

(1) The following have all entered my house of their own volition:
robin, wren, blackbird, starling, sparrowhawk, house sparrow (being
chased by sparrowhawk - both survived), dunnock, chaffinch, greenfinch.
I am unsure whether I have a particularly welcoming house or it is
something to do with the wind and the rain that we (sometimes)
experience out west that makes the birds seek shelter.

One early summer morning our back door stood open all day long. When I
came in at the end of a long day gardening, I found a pair of swallows
sitting on the open beams; they had started a mud nest at the top apex
of the dining-room ceiling :~}

Janet.