Old 03-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Al

Default giganthea leaf span?

Eric Christenson lists the leaf size of Phal gigantea as being 68.5 x 25.5
cm or 27 x 10 inches. That's a single leaf. I have one in my greenhouse
whose largest leaf of 6 is 16 x 8 inches. It has spiked twice but not yet
bloomed on either spike. YMMV

The smallest Phal is probably Phal appendiculata, whose leaf length is
closer to 1.5 inch.

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
A post by Reka in abpo made me think about phal giganthea leaf span. Does
anyone here know what would be a leaf span to be expected from a phal
giganthea? On average for blooming size? The largest you have encountered?

Thanks,
Joanna