Old 04-01-2004, 01:42 AM
J Fortuna

Default cleaning orchid leaves

Thank you Diana and giorgio.

Giorgio, welcome to the group!

I may try the milk or milk mixture someday -- if my husband David will let
me, since we share the same apartment after all, and he is very concerned
about the possible smell. He suggested that maybe orchids like milk only in
that, after applying milk, they stink and then one needs to apply a fan, and
they like the fan. :-)

So on second thought, I might try the mild dish soap first and see the
result. If it is good enough, I might avoid disconcerting David and not use
the milk after all.

Thanks,
Joanna

"giorgio & errica" wrote in message

an experienced gardener suggested me a mixture milk-beer and water (same
parts), but still have to try!
ciao
giorgio
-italy-
(sorry for my english)

I just read in the rec.gardens.orchids archives that many people use

'milk'
to clean their orchid leaves? However, while at least one post claimed

that
there is no smell, another post claimed that as a result the smell can

be
very strong. Hmm. Since I live in a small apartment I don't want the

place
smelling of milk gone bad. Has anyone out here now used milk, and if so,
does it smell or not?

What is the best way to clean/dust leaves in your experience?

Thanks,
Joanna