Old 04-01-2004, 02:16 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Robin on picture rail - OT, but need help

The message
from Janet Baraclough .. contains
these words:

One early summer morning our back door stood open all day long. When I
came in at the end of a long day gardening, I found a pair of swallows
sitting on the open beams; they had started a mud nest at the top apex
of the dining-room ceiling :~}

I found that a solitary wasp had begun a nest in a hole in the woodwork
of my main room (not here) which had been drilled at some time to let a
wire through.

I left the window open just enough to let her in and out until the nest
was finished, filled with anaesthetised small caterpillars, and sealed.

The wopslet hatched and pupated and broke out of its cosy hole, but I
didn't see the going of it.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/