Old 04-01-2004, 04:04 AM
andrewpreece

Default And in the New Year Garden......

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
The NT garden Trelissick, reports having 250 different things in flower,
including something like 38 species of Camellia.
I was amazed to see our Cassea corymbosa in full flower just the other

day -
it is a very strange winter but a pleasant one in those terms!
--
Sacha

I've had weird stuff in flower this December ( Red Campion, Cornflowers
Forget-me-Nots, Wallflowers etc ), but the plant that takes the biscuit is
the Tree Mallow
( Lavatera Arborea ). This amazing plant is as prolific now as it was in
mid-summer
in terms of flowers, and the flowers do not seem to suffer from the rain and
wind either.
I cannot think of another plant that is so prolific, bullet-proof and
insensible to the
seasons. Perhaps I'm just lucky this year as it's the first time I've grown
one.

Andy.