Old 04-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Tom La Bron

Default OT ~ Wind chimes

Nedra and Jan,

Wind Chimes can also be very useful. I have a set that is placed under a
certain overhang here at the house and if these Chimes get to singing really
continually, I know that the wind is coming from the "wrong" direction and
that we will probably have to be making a run to the " 'fraidy hole" for
safety. It is almost as good has the tornado horn across the road, for
signally worry-some weather.

Tom L.L.
-------------
"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
Oscillating fan!! LOL! Now that's an idea....
I've heard about your snow. We are unseasonably warm, at
least for a couple more days. I do wish we would get snow.
I love snowy weather... even when I had the 30 mile commute.
Oh well... maybe we'll have another mild winter.

Nedra

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
news
Yes ... and my chimes came today!! They are hanging on the overhang

at
the deck. The winds have died down alot. I can't
hear a thing ... Yet!!!! C'mon breezes!
Nedra

When I first hung mine it was calm. I used the baby monitor to hear even
the slightest noise. DH went on an errand and said he wouldn't have been
surprised, when he got back, to find the oscilliating fan out there. s
Got breezes (and more snow) now, and don't even have to use the baby
monitor to hear them. ~ jan
~ jan