Old 04-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Kenni Judd

Default My Phal is better than yours...

Personally, I would stop misting those flowers. Around here, wet flowers
attract botrytis [sp?] fungus, which mars the flowers with black spots.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Daniel" wrote in message
This post smacks of a newbie... so be it.

I love my new and first orchid.
A great looking Phal with four wonderful leaves,
and as of today 10 flowers with one more bud yet to bloom.

I do have a few questions though.

This plant was purchesed in a crystal vase/pot.
I mean there is no drainage.
Their are tiers or strata of aquarium gravel(about two inches,
then another or black stones(about another inch,
then about four to five inches of moss with the root ball
in it. Because the vase is clear I can easily see where the
water line is. I have watered twice since I got it. Using
tepid distilled water, and have never let the water line
get up as high as any of the roots. I like to
spritz the flowers in the morning.
I also have it in a plate of rocks and water to aid in
the humidity.

This plant is gorgeous and seems to be doing fantastic.
Perhaps because I dote on her, and speak to her
often throughout the day.

But all the web resources I see, say it should have
drainage.
If I'm careful not to let the roots ever stand in water
am I OK until next spring when I repot?

Thanks....Daniel

P.S. My Phal is better then your Phal, my Phal is better than yours...