Old 04-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Cuttings in general

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
m...
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Kerry" wrote in message

On the subject of cuttings, is the above a good method for trying to

get
polka dot plant cuttings to take root? I keep trying with houseplant
compost and dipping the stem in rooting powder but with no success.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what a polka-dot plant is.

Apparently Hypoestes phyllostachya according to:
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/hypoestes.html

The RHS Encyclopedia says it is propagated b y stem cuttings in the

spring.
Did you remember to cut at a node and strip the bottom few inches of

leaves?
Did you remember to keep it covered with plastic or glass to stop
transpiration?

And maybe leave out the rooting powder, which we've discussed before.

True.

Franz