Old 05-01-2004, 12:42 AM
V_coerulea

Default What's the best way to store seeds?

We've kept seed in original pkts, glassine envelopes, or medicine bottles
sealed in a small Tupperware container in the refrig for many years with
excellent results. We get some of the dessicants (usually silica) in pkts or
capsules that you frequently find packages with electronics and other
equipment from the local pharmacist (usually for free) and throw them in the
container to reduce the humidity. Do not freeze. While this may not harm
many hardy seeds, it will shorten the lives of others unless done in a
laboratory. Peppers generally do not like to freeze. After all, they are
tropical. All of our seed is in an extra frig in the shop used for extra
purchases and produce.
Gary

"Navin R. Johnson" wrote in message
Hi,

Last summer I grew some Chinese Hot Peppers that were simply the best
peppers I've ever tasted. I kept a bunch of the seeds and would like to
store them for future use - 4-5 years from now. What's the best way to
store them?

TIA,
NRJ