Old 05-01-2004, 04:06 PM
DesertPond

Default Engineering problem for you guys

Thx for ideas :-)

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:38:51 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

There are two possibilities, one through the wall as you mentioned, the
other a siphon over the top. Either will work. I have bottom drains
plumbed through the liner into the front of my skimmers. You just need to
have an appropriate size bulkhead fitting, clamping the liner to the tank.
You could also use the Bickal Boot for the liner and not worry about the
watertightness of the tank. My bottom drains are just pipes that end
pointed down in the deepest part of the pond, but they make commercial non
vortexing bottom drain units. For your size tank, I would think that the 2"
by Tetra would be more than ample, and it is designed as a retro drain, not
requiring a hole in the bottom of the liner. The plumbing can then go over
the top and back down to the pump, and work as a siphon.