Old 05-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Ka30P

Default pond in Ontario - and the winter we haven't had (yet)

Here in Mad Moo Land (SE WA) I woke up
at 4am to dead quiet. No power.
Kids and I huddled next to the fire until 8am
when our power came back on but other parts
of our area still out. DH went out to work to huddle over the nuclear pool.
School canceled.
There is so much snow in the backyard I haven't
made it out to the pond but from my daughter's
window I can now see that the pond is thawing its hole
in the water so I don't think it was iced over for too long this morning. In
addition for the fish, the birdies and squirrels like the water hole too.
Low at the airport was 19 below zero. Here beside
the kitchen window it says about 1 degree.

ka30p
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html