Old 05-01-2004, 06:32 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Backyard small trees/plant suggestions to attract song birds?

In my opinion, the wisest thing to do is to research the native trees
indigenous to your area and contact your native plant society for
additional information and resources on how to proceed. You will find
there are probably numeous uunderstory/fringe trees to selct from as
well as some shrub/tree combinations. There will be native selections
that will have the birds eating and habitating quite well as well as
related wildlife.

The one if found for CT is http://ct-botanical-society.org/.

Best regards,

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

sams wrote:
=

Iam planing to plant small trees (6-8' tall)along my border wooden
fence line to add color to the monotone and also to attract song
birds. It would be better if its evergreen conifer types or any winter
hardy tree/plant. Doesnt matter if it dont fruit, since the birds here
at my backyard, dont seems to be eating them. Also should be easy to
care.
=

TIA
=