Old 05-01-2004, 11:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default OT ~ Wind chimes

And I was complaining about the night time setback temps, silly me?!!

Somewhere in the area we got to a record -19F. At my house the memory
thermometer said -5.5F as the low. The bad thing.... we had a power outage
from 4am to 10:15am. Luckily we have this snow cover. The koi ponds, as
designed (hoped) tubing from filter to pond drained back to the filter. The
snow cover on the screens held above the water, (I assumed) kept things
liquid. Once the power came on I could hear the water flowing again.

Inside, the house got down to 58F, son ran his tropical tanks off his CPU
till it started complaining, he got them to keep from falling below 72F.
The goldfish tanks didn't drop below 65F, the patio pond w/T.lilies on the
floor that is heated to 68-70F dropped to 58F unfortunately, so I'll have
to watch those fish. The 30 gallon patio tub, iced over, but I plugged in
the heater as soon as the power came on and since the only orange goldfish
I can see (the largest) is still swimming around, I think the smaller black
moors are probably okay in there too.

We thought school was going to start on time, but they couldn't get many of
the buses going, so they called it a day. We're suppose to get more serious
snow starting this evening..... We haven't had anything this extreme since
1996. Needless to say, hey K30? We shouldn't have the bug problems like the
last several summers. ) ~ jan Currently 7F