Old 06-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Gorse (Ulex Europeaus) as a garden plant

The message

Given its rarity over much of southern, eastern and central England,
I doubt that it would be a problem in the richer soils (i.e. where
you CAN dig it up). But I am not speaking from experience.

I would hardly call it rare in the South and East - Wuzzy in Devon,I've
seen it in Somerset, and loads of it in the Ashdown Forest and in East
Anglia, the Brecks positively bristle with it.

Indeed, it is growing wild beside the road not a mile from my door here
in South Norfolk.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/