Old 06-01-2004, 05:42 AM
John Watts

Default ~Spider Plant TOOOOOO BIG!

All you have to do is cut back the roots and repot.This is how you do bonsai
trees.
"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
An email from my daughter:

I have a spider plant in my office that I have had since college.

Needless to
say, she (her name is Charlotte) is huge! I repotted her in a 14 inch

"super
pot" about 4 years ago, hoping to never repot her again.

Well, Charlotte's leaves are turning yellow, and the roots are coming out

the
bottom. I need to repot her again? Is there any way to stop a plant from
growing? I don't want her to grow any bigger, but don't want her to die

if I
don't repot her.

If I repot her, the pot will be too big for my office. If I bring her

home,
Sienna (her cat) will chew her up!

What should she do?