Old 06-01-2004, 06:03 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default ~Spider Plant TOOOOOO BIG!

The spider plant is named "Charlotte"?

Who is your daughter then, "Baby Jane"?

I know. She got the name from the lame children's story about a spider. How
clever....NOT!

Repot the darn thing already. Why did you wait so long?

BTW, the plant is really a hermaphrodite with flowers with both male and
female organs.

Maybe she should call it RuPaul instead?!!!

TOM KAN PA wrote in message
An email from my daughter:

I have a spider plant in my office that I have had since college.

Needless to
say, she (her name is Charlotte) is huge! I repotted her in a 14 inch

"super
pot" about 4 years ago, hoping to never repot her again.

Well, Charlotte's leaves are turning yellow, and the roots are coming out

the
bottom. I need to repot her again? Is there any way to stop a plant from
growing? I don't want her to grow any bigger, but don't want her to die

if I
don't repot her.

If I repot her, the pot will be too big for my office. If I bring her

home,
Sienna (her cat) will chew her up!

What should she do?