Old 06-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Tricia

Default Getting Rid of Mulch

Wanda Too wrote:
I've still got a mountain of mulch sitting on my front lawn, despite
having spread it over my garden beds. The neighbours are starting to
complain, but I don't have the energy to shift the stuff myself (it's
taken me a good two weeks just to spread the stuff over one garden
bed) & so I'm going to need a fairly cheap alternative that will see
someone else shift it. I tried contacting the company that I ordered
the stuff through, suggesting that perhaps one of their customers
might be interested in taking some, but as yet haven't heard back
from them about it. I've also offered it to everyone I know, & a few
I don't, who live around the area.

This cheap mulch could turn out to be very expensive.

I don't see why your neighbours should complain if it is on your lawn.
What about posting a "free mulch" poster at the local milkbar etc?
Or maybe hire a few local kids to load it into a trailer for you?

--
Tricia