Old 06-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Identify Unknown Houseplant

I gave you all a chance to go first but you kids let me down.

It should have been an easy one to ID but you were all stymied.

The closest was Skirmishd saying that they thought it might be a Crassula.
Very vague, especially when one considers that the genus is extremely
variable with over 200 species in it.

Identifying plants isn't as easy as you all seem to mistakenly believe it
is, isn't it?

Most people do very poorly at identifying succulent plants.

Don't know why but that's the way it is.

Frogleg wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 05:40:40 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

That's not an unknown houseplant. Its very common in cultivation.

Its Crassula muscosa (formerly known as Crassula lycopodioides), at one

time
commonly called "Watch chain plant".

http://www.cactuscenter.com/r_18.html

It does bloom but the flowers are rather small and inconspicuous but have

foetid odor.

I can't believe the really bad guesses that others have made that aren't
even remotely close.

I was waiting for you to post, Cereoid. Do you *enjoy* watching others
flail around? Or are you giving us all a fair chance at a correct
answer? I am *so* tickled when I can positively identify a 'mystery'
plant. Think it's happened twice. :-)