Old 06-01-2004, 07:02 PM
JennyC

Default Acid soil/raised beds

"Tiger303" wrote in message
s.com...
ok, so the garden is now finally an empty plot ready for work to begin
creating a new a garden, the main square at the back is probably about
10 feet by 10 feet.

i plan to build up two sets of L shaped raised beds around the walls
which seperate the garden from neighbours gardens & alleyway and have a
few questions.

plan to use railway sleepers, any advice? do they need to be treated to
stop rot? Do i need to put sleepers against wall to protect wall when i
make raised beds against or can i just let wall act as one side of
raised bed. height of beds, still udecided but can't be too big as wall
is only approx 3ft high

I used some pondliner tacked onto the wall when making my raised beds. They were
house walls though and I was afraid of rising damp.

Jenny