Old 06-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] _Pop Bonsai: Fun with Arranging Small Trees and Plants_ from Kodansha Press

Hey Chris,

You're preachin' to the choir, man. ;-) Yes, they're not my "thing," but I think they're pretty cool in and of themselves. Her effort is one toward fun and funky, owing only tacit allegience to "Bonsai." Heck, its fun and it's stylish (in its own way wi
thin the obvious context). I see nothing wrong with it, it's just not my bag. Her's is a syle (as in: lifestyle) thing and my style is just different.

I've long appreciated Lisa's mode of bonsai practice and profession. She's not bad for bonsai, mostly because of "her" and not necessarily because of how she compares to the Suzukis and Miyatas of the world. She's not trying to be something she's not. N
either are her works.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.andyrutledge.com/