Old 06-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Harry Muscle

Default Clean up crew recommendations for 55G planted tank

What would you recommend for a clean up crew for a 55G planted tank? So far
I'm thinking of getting 6 Jullii cory cats to take care of any extra food
reaching the bottom. However, I'm still undecided what to get to take care
of the algae. Is an Otto better than a SAE? Or do they just eat different
algae? How many should I get of each? Does it matter which species of
Ottos? Any shrimp that you would recommend (they would need to survive the
company of swordtails, guppies, kribs, siamese fighting fish, and some
tetras)? The only thing that I don't want is a pleco, I just don't like the
look of them.

Thanks,
Harry

P.S. My tank specs a 7.4ph, ~7dh, 1.6wpg, dosing with Fluorish & Excel