Old 07-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Snowdrops

The message
from (Mike Lyle) contains these words:

/snip/

(but not of snowdrops)

There are, of course, plenty of natural variations and cultivars, as
well as several species; but I have no reason to believe that the ones
I have nurtured and spread about for a couple of decades aren't all
pretty much the same. I just love getting down on my knees to smell
them. Maybe I should have started a programme of selecting them for
flowering period and all that jazz; but I've always been content just
to let them rip, dividing the clumps from time to time. There is a
God, after all.

Yes, the snowdrop and the sound of a cathedral or college choir. God is
in his Heaven, and sharing a little bit of it.

Rev. Sidney Smith can keep his foie gras to the sound of trumpets....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/