Old 07-01-2004, 06:42 AM
BigDaDDY

Default lawn prep and laying sod

Hi all,

I am a first time home-owner, and I just bought a new house where they only
landscaped the front yard. I want to ensure that when I do the backyard, I
do it properly, right down to the last detail. When my neighbor did hers,
she just brought in topsoil and laid sod right on top of it and that was
it. I'm sure a professional would do more than this. Am I right? As an
example, are there various layers of rock or some kind of fine rocks that
you put down first for better drainage? Does anyone know of any websites
that address putting in a lawn from square one?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Matt