Old 07-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Julie Clark

Default Container Advice Please!

I am hoping to put my house on the market mid-April time and I want to make
a good first impression if I can. I live in a mid terraced house so no
front garden to speak of. I have put some decking down to keep it tidy but
now want some plant advice for a few containers. The area gets the
sun first thing in the morning but loses it by about 11am and doesn't get it
back at all. It isn't under any cover so will get the rain etc, but it is
also near enough for the young hooligans down the road to lean over the wall
and pull up anything that spreads within their reach.
I want something that will give a bit of colour but is likely to survive
without too much TLC since I'm new and a bit of a garden know-it-nothing.
When should I plant to see colour in mid-April time? Along the same lines,
is there a preferred compost, drainage system, watering regime that is
better for pots or is that dependent on the
type of plants you've used?
Thanks for any help

ps. I'm also new to newsgroups so apologies in advance if I do something
wrong or break protocol in some way!