Old 07-01-2004, 02:42 PM
animaux

Default Everything Under Snow

It shuts down when we get a tenth of an inch in Austin. And I mean shuts down.
No school, no work, no library, nothing.

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:54:52 -0800, (paghat)
opined:

The snow is soft & thick over everything this morning, the garden is
lovely. No one's apt to come plow our steep hill, so I guess I'm snowed
in. Interesting when it snows & hardly any of it sticks to the Alaska
Cedar which has evolved slipper droopy fans of needles that keep the
weight off its limbs in the very snowy places it grows wild.

As I'm still recovering from the flu I don't get to play in it. Would like
to walk to Iris's cafe but it'd kill me just now. Weather report suggests
it will get warmer & rain this afternoon, so it won't be so perfectly
snowy long. I only hope it doesn't melt then freeze solid, as that could
damage some bulbs that had sprouted early, though the snow itself
shouldn't harm anything at all.

A mere six or eight inches snow shuts down the town, which is pretty
funny, cuz when I was in Madison two feet & a blizzard shut down nothing
in town.

-paghat the ratgirl