Old 07-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Linda

Default March Flies

Yep - they are the ones. I forget the name of the lizard, think they
were sand lizards - they were the tamest. If you could find one
(lizard) while you were sitting having your lunch in the bush, you
could whack the buggers (march flies, not lizards) and the lizard
would sit there waiting to be fed - and would get about as demanding
as a seagull

Alex wrote:

Linda I know the ones you mean. Some summers Mt Buffalo is rife with the
little buggers, and they seem to have a penchant for blue socks, blue
jeans, blue hats, etc. Their bites hurt but on the other hand they're
pretty easy to whack, and skinks love em
-Alex